How can someone be upset with me for almost 8 months and I not know or realize it? Am I an idiot? I really had no idea. It didn't even dawn on me to ask until about a month ago and even then I thought maybe I was imagining things. But after asking the questions, it is true - someone I consider a good friend is upset with me. Now granted I still don't know what I did exactly - but it must have been pretty bad. I guess my obvious question is "why didn't you tell me?" But I guess it is something that either wasn't important enough to discuss or too difficult to discuss. Either way, I would have liked the opportunity to address whatever caused the rift between us. What's strange is that we have interacted since the time frame and I thought things were fine (hence, I must be an idiot). Then I noticed a little avoidance, but I couldn't tell if it was because she was really busy or what. It actually never occurred to me that she was upset with me. Perhaps I was so self absorbed that I didn't notice - I could see that happening. I just hope that eventually she will open up and tell me what's going on.
After one of my rifts with my best friend where we didn't talk for God knows how long and to be quite honest, I don't even know why we were both so upset, I realized it's better to address whatever it is and move on. I guess I expect people to tell me when they are upset with me, as I would tell them. I think that is reasonable. I can't imagine being upset for even much longer than a day without saying something...
It is one of my goals to get better at this relationship stuff, so I will have to work on recognizing signs and symbols.
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment