So finally after all this time, today was my first day in my new position. And to get things going in the right direction, I got there late! I just couldn't get going this morning - I was so distracted. All of a sudden, when I am supposed to be taking a shower, I feel the urge to clean off the dresser, take out the trash etc. etc. Before I know it, it is 8:30. Luckily for me, no one really noticed.
I spent the first couple of hours of my day collecting and double checking timesheets -one of my not too exciting new responsibilities. I suppose I will get used to it. In a way it is similar to billing, except it has to be done every Monday morning.
But what was awesome today was, my new boss was in a great mood - something about the NY Mets and the NY Rangers. I did get a chance to watch the game last night and I have to admit the Mets look pretty good. I think I will eventually become a de facto Mets fan simply because it means my boss will be happy. It's almost like how I root for Notre Dame football and Georgetown basketball (unless they are playing Florida of course) because my boyfriend likes them and is in a good mood when they win. He likes the Dallas Cowboys too - but I can't do that.....everyone has their limits.
It is too weird to hear everyone comment on how skinny I am and how I don't need to lose any more weight...I even have people asking me what I am eating. I wonder if people suspect that I have some sort of eating disorder. Granted, in my eyes - I am not skinny. Skinny is when I was a size 3 and 99cents. I am nowhere close to that, but I would be ok with that. I don't think I am skinny, I am just not how people are used to seeing me. I have been small most of my life - me being big is more of the anomaly. I am supposed to be a little smaller than I am now...but I digress. Oh for the record, I do not have an eating disorder. I have to eat on a regular basis to prevent my inner bitch from making an appearance.
I think I will like my new job. I am glad for the opportunity. I learn a lot just listening sometimes and I think I will presented with some cool opportunities. It is a better place for me - so we will see how it goes.
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment