Has got to be the hardest book I have ever tried to read in my recent past. It is awful. My bok club meeting is Saturday and let's face it - I still have about 275 pages left. I just can't seem to get through it - it's worse than writer's block. I don't care about the character - I wish I could - but the book is just depressing - it's about a single mother who is trying to care for her bipolar 18 year old daughter. It is dreary, and I wish I could get my money back.
I guess I will wing it on Saturday - I can't believe they voted for this book. I read the sypnopsis and knew it wasn't my cup of tea. How about the da vinci code or something?
C'est La Vie
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I sorta feel that way about the Constant Gardener...maybe just not my cup of tea. I want to read Thank You for Smoking and Memoirs of a Geisha instead ;)
Post a Comment