Monday, March 13, 2006

AA

(Assholes Anonymous) Perhaps there should be a support group. I too dated an asshole. There is hope. The good thing about dating an asshole (an eventually leaving) is that is makes it easier to recognize a good thing. The hard thing is leaving - especially a controlling passive aggressive one.

But once you make the break, it is so worth it. I was watching Joel Osteen (my Sunday ritual) and this time he was speaking on controlling people and how the need to control undermines relationships. He also said to break away from controlling people - that God would honor that decision and send someone better. After all we were not made to be manipulated.

Will he ever commit? I don't know. The commitment carrot was dangled in front of me for so long - if only I was.... perfect.

When you are ready to form that support group, holla at me.

1 comment:

N'j said...

I can already envision the first meeting:

"Hi. My name is Carlos, and I'm a jackass!"

Group: "Hi Carlos!"