I have been away for awhile, so I'll make it short and sweet.
It all started Labor Day with an early afternoon trip to the local Giant. Lines were long and it was packed as usual. After catching up with Soap Opera Digest and Cosmo and learning how to shed those pesky unwanted pounds, I finally was next in line for checkout. That's when it happened. A man walks in and demands that the cashier open the register and puts a gun to her face. Of course she panicked and because she was in the middle of ringing up the customer in front of me - she couldn't open the register. So he yells "you've got one minute maam" and then walks out the door. They called the police and the cashier started crying. Wasn't sure what would happen next, if he would come back or just what. At the time, I didn't care, I just wanted to get my food and leave. Even after what just happened, my mind was just on getting the heck out of there with my groceries. So they told everyone they had to change lines and there was just no way I could see myself starting over again, so I went to the customer service line and got out of there. On the way out I looked for the guy, because my mind didn't really prompt me that I was in danger. I was just tired.
About 5 minutes later the gravity of what happened occurred to me. We could have been killed or injured all in broad daylight! The strange thing is, this guy was casually dressed, clean cut...not at all what you would expect to be holding up a gorcery store. So that was the beginning of one of the more stressful weeks I have had in awhile.
Work has been busy and sometimes it drives me insane. I get bitchy sometimes, but that is just me. I am trying to work on it, but sometimes it is just impossible to get anything done. It's like the whole day is one big interruption and then somehow you are supposed to figure out how to get stuff like billing done.
I have had to deal with this high maintenance producer - who if he isn't there bugging me, he is calling bugging me. He has a wonderful knack of wasting my time explaining the obvious to me. I saw some of his work -I am not that impressed. It is like he is the only one around - arrgghh. We had a big blow up one day and I heard him say get the hell out of his room, he swears he didn't say that - but wahtever he said - it wasn't nice and I was pissed. Then he had the nerve to be complaining about me - what a surprise - he complains about everything, but I think it's the fact that he assumed I wasn't trying to help him and he was somehow under the impression that I was bumping his edit time for someone else. Apparently the concept that someone else booked edit time a month earlier than him is foreign - which meant I had to get the editor to work overtime to get his stuff done.
Long story short, the guy is an asshole. Our confrontation involved my manager and the sales rep. Even then he said something rude. The truth is I hate working with that person. If I found out tomorrow that he was a child molester or serial killer, I would not be surprised at all. I generally hate confrontation - but I was so angry....I have been making nice with him since then - his current projects are almost done and hopefully if they hire him again, he can torture someone else.
Hmmm what else....ahhh I will save it for another blog
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment