Randomly, my mind will take me on journeys that - well - make me think. If I had to give up one of my senses - which would it be and why? The reason this thought came to me is probably due to my allergies. My allergies have made me so miserable the past few weeks, that at some point, I thought I may lose something. So I thought - if I had to lose one of my senses which would it be?
HEARING
I don't think I could live in a world without the enjoyment of sound. I love music way too much for that - speaking of which - I want that new nanopod - that's hot. Plus I love the sound of the laughter of my family and friends. The only time I can think that hearing loss would be great is for some of those boring meetings we have that tend to go on and on. There's one or two guys who ramble on and on and their voices drive me insane....but even still if I couldn't hear them, I wouldn't be able to mock them when they leave. Probably petty, but it is a coping mechanism - otherwise I'd probably hurt them, then be unemployed, then be homeless - it's an ugly cycle - so I'll just continue to imitate them for kicks.
SIGHT
Hmmm, can't lose that one either. Contemplating things like this makes me appreciate the little things - like butterflies and the beach and babies and men folk and cute outfits and nice houses...I could go on and on, but the point is, I hope I never have to deal with the reality of a world without sight.
SMELL
I love the smell of Starbucks. I think I should get stock in that company. And the smell after a shower, especially after a long work out. And food....
TASTE
Did I mention food? Especially seafood, mexican, italian....desserts, fruit....
Touch
There's something about the power of touch - a hug can just make my day. Or just when some of my touchy feely girlfriends tocuh my shoulders when they are talking to me. I absolutely love it. And when I am fortunate, feeling a man's touch - can't live without that....
I said all that to say - I love all my senses. I think the one that I would hate losing the most is...hearing.
I can't think of one or even imagine being without one - including the "sixth sense".
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment