Friday, February 10, 2006

I Admit It

I am...I can't even say it - I am under the weather. Instead of spending the weekend with my boyfriend as I had visualized, I will be in bed. It especially sucks because I had planned on celebrating his birthday this weekend. His actual birthday is Valentine's day, but I thought it would be cool for him to have his own day. I had a little something in the works, but couldn't finish the planning because I have been so out of it.

I don't what to think about work. It seems my job description is ever-changing. Somehow, I ended up going on a remote shoot to Baltimore together. It was totally a last minute project and I spent the bulk of Thursday trying to tie together all the loose ends (I only found about the project on Tuesday evening) I juggled this in between the rest of my normal stuff all while having a sore throat and possibly something worse. Imagine being on the phone and PA system all day with a sore throat. What made it even more ridiculous is the crew call time was 5:00am, but since I was driving the company van and taking some of the crew with me - I had to leave my spot at 3am. The shoot turned out well, overall - there were a couple of minor problems, but it all worked out.

I said all that to say, is that I don't know when me being at a remote shoot became part of my job. It is conversation that I will have to have with my boss. I like being on-location, but it takes me away from all other stuff leaving others to cover for me. Had it not been for this shoot, chances are I would have called out sick today.

I hate taking sick days (when actually sick) Sick days are meant to use when you need a mental health day - like taking the time off for a weekend getaway or just to chill out at the park. Not for actually being sick. But I need time to recover - I hope that this passes soon.

Having a cold has got to be one of the most common miserable experiences. So now I am just rambling, so I will sign off. I could go on and on about random stuff....did I mention that I love the diamond heart pendant my boyfriend got me. I haven't taken it off...

No comments: