So i found a place! It's a condo in Arlington. Aside from filling out the masses of paperwork for the loan application and the Acorn program, we have alao entered the arena of picking out paint colors. I think at least for the moment I have averted the ol blue wall with the silver star in the middle (Cowboy colors). Ahhh, the delicate art of negotiation.
I love it though - they are installing hard wood floors now. I can't wait to see the finished product. I have never lived in a place with hardwood floors, so caring for them will be a learning expeience.
It seems with this and other life rites of passage, people ask the rudest questions. My favorite lately is how much did it cost? While I am not entirely uncomfortable with the question - I am particularly sensitive about it at work. I don't want people trying to figure out what I make or how I can afford my place. But even this question doesn't bother me - I have even told a few people. The questions that drive me insane are: when are you going to get married (when it's time) when are you going to have children (when it's time).
I guess I am in for a barrage of these types of questions as my family reunion is this weekend.,,, argghh
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment